· By Merle von KOMBUCHERY
Nutrient supplier Kombucha – compensate for deficits
In conversation with founder Laura from L-Complex
Regular kombucha consumption can help you to balance various nutrient deficits and, thanks to the many probiotic kombucha cultures and beneficial acids, keep your intestinal environment in balance.
Should you ever have an explicit deficiency of a certain nutrient, it is advisable to also take a dietary supplement and to replenish your storage in a targeted manner.
In the jungle of many dietary supplements, Laura stands out from other products with her young startup L-COMPLEX . Their preparations are made exclusively from natural ingredients and are 100% tested for purity , as well as largely vegan. In an interview, Laura tells us interesting facts about nutrients and why little stress and a healthy intestine and a balanced microbiome are so important for a healthy body !
“Food is no longer as nutritious as it used to be. In addition, our digitized and fast-moving society lives at a completely abnormal level of stress that prevents our bodies from absorbing and storing nutrients properly.”
I'm Laura and I founded L-COMPLEX in early 2019 parallel to my job at a Berlin start-up at the time. I have always been interested in healthy eating. I found my way to dietary supplements only after a long health stumbling block. My insight: We live in a world full of new stress factors that make it difficult to eat healthy, exercise enough and relax enough. Chronic ailments such as migraines, intolerances or fatigue are now part of everyday life for most people. We can actively do something about it! I want to help people to better understand their bodies and help them to have more joy and health in life through a holistic approach. The right nutritional supplements are the most important first step.
1. Please introduce yourself and L-COMPLEX briefly. Why the name and how did you come up with the idea of founding L-COMPLEX?
The dietary supplement market is very non-transparent and is now flooded with products and a wide variety of healing promises. Most products have many synthetic and animal ingredients and additives that the body does not need and can even put a strain on it. The products are rarely tested for purity, which means that some of them can be contaminated with pesticides, heavy metals and other toxins. Our products are all based on natural ingredients , are 100% tested for purity and largely vegan . We produce in Germany according to the highest EU guidelines , for short delivery routes and full control over the supply chain and quality. Instead of plastic, we use recycled glass as packaging. We try to work and produce largely CO2-neutral. Our recipes are specially created together with our biochemists. We only use ingredients that have been scientifically proven to have a function / benefit in the body without putting a strain on it. Thanks to our experts, we can also react quickly to new research results .
2. Dietary supplements are trendy: What distinguishes your products from others?
Shouldn't a conscious diet be enough to supply the body with the necessary nutrients? If you think so. Unfortunately, it is precisely our developed society that is the problem: our breeding grounds are completely overburdened by agriculture, the earth can no longer properly recover. The result: food is no longer as nutritious as it used to be. In addition, our digitized and fast-paced society lives at a completely abnormal level of stress that prevents our bodies from absorbing and storing nutrients properly. You have to imagine it like this: We used to run away from lions and all other organs, including our digestion, were paralyzed so that we could survive. Today we have a high pulse due to the various media we consume every day as well as the daily stress of work, family and leisure. We sleep even less and targeted relaxation phases are neglected. The result is the same. Hardly anyone today comes up with the necessary nutrient intake to stay healthy in the long term. This is already clearly reflected in the increase in chronic physical and mental illnesses . And are we being completely honest? Who still feels at 100% today? Hardly anyone! An optimized nutrient intake helps.
3. Why do so many people in a developed society like ours need additional supplements?
4. On your blog you write that, above all, “emotional stress and fears are more present than before and that these would have a significant impact on health in the long term”. How can your dietary supplements help?The psyche and our physical well-being are closely related and behave almost symbiotically. A weak psyche influences nutrient absorption and the immune system , and nutrition and the immune system also influence the psyche. Anyone suffering from stress and anxiety should pay attention to nutrients that support the immune system and a normal psyche. Since our nutrient absorption mainly takes place in the intestines and 70% of our immune system is in the intestines , we always recommend building up the intestines by taking our Active Cultures as a first step. Vitamin B Complex is also recommended. The B vitamins are involved in almost every metabolism in the body and not only promote the immune system (B6, B12), but also have a direct influence on the psyche (B1) and nervous system (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B12).
5. Do you have a tip on how to best support your immune system during the cold season?
If you are not already doing it, you should definitely pay attention to supplementing with vitamin D in winter . Vitamin D is only absorbed through the sun's rays and cannot be produced by the body itself. It is therefore not surprising that up to 90% of Germans have a deficiency. Good to know: Vitamin D is actually a hormone and thus also has an indirect influence on other hormones such as serotonin or our reproductive hormones. Women in particular should therefore pay attention to a good mirror. Additional antioxidants such as vitamin C and zinc support our immune system against pathogens that circulate in winter. Otherwise, we recommend making sure you eat enough green vegetables , as these contain many valuable nutrients and are usually neglected in winter.
6. How important do you think the microbiome and a healthy gut are for nutrient absorption?As previously noted, the microbiome is incredibly important. Nutrient absorption takes place mainly in the small intestine and can only function if our intestines are in balance. It is therefore worth investing in a healthy intestinal environment, for example through the right diet and additional nutrients that keep our intestinal flora in balance .
A balanced intestinal flora is the be-all and end-all for our general well-being. That's why it's worth doing something actively for our intestinal health. Our Active Cultures contain 14 of the most important bacterial strains and 10.65 billion germs that are essential for a good intestinal environment. Especially when we feel bloated, have digestive problems or even suffer from intolerance, this is usually a sign that we do not have enough good intestinal bacteria. Our intestinal wall may already be permeable and susceptible to pathogens (“leaky gut”). This is where probiotics like our Active Cultures can help and replenish the good bacteria in the gut . In general, it is also worth integrating probiotic foods into your diet in order to support our intestines with good bacteria every day. Particularly recommended are: kimchi, yoghurt, kombucha, miso, tofu and sauerkraut.
7. Of course, as Kombucha lovers, we find the Active Cultures from L-Complex particularly exciting. Tell us more about it, how valuable do you think probiotic bacterial cultures are in your diet?
8. Please give us a little glimpse into the future, what are your plans for your journey with L-COMPLEX?
With L-COMPLEX, I want to create a place where I can give customers the power to actively take their health into their own hands . With the right tips and products, I want to help people to develop routines that lay the foundation for a long life worth living - despite stress. I aim for a holistic approach that goes far beyond micronutrients. Many exciting projects await you in the coming year.
With the voucher code: LCOMPLEX10 you get 10% on https://l-complex.com.
Hinweis: Dieser Artikel ist ausschließlich für Informationszwecke bestimmt und nicht als professionelle Analyse, Beratung oder medizinische Auskunft zu verstehen, sondern enthält die persönliche Meinung des Autors, basierend auf recherchierter Fachliteratur und eigener Erfahrung zum Thema.