A prerequisite for our well-being (inner harmony) is, among other things, a balanced acid-base balance. This is where our metabolism works optimally and we are most productive. The acid-base balance has an impact on body functions such as breathing, circulation, digestion and our immune system. I would like to give you an overview of what acid-base balance means and how it can have a positive effect on your health.
Acid-base balance: How the right diet can help you
Basic does not mean that the food has an alkaline pH value, as we know it from soap. Acid-forming foods, which are sometimes referred to as sour, are not necessarily sour in taste. Rather, it is about how foods work in our body and which substances are produced during metabolism. If the effect is unfavorable and acids or other harmful substances are produced during metabolism, then food is one of the acid-forming foods. Basic food is when it has a positive effect on our organism. In this case, it provides basic minerals or activates the body's own base formation.g.
Alkaline diet: makes acidic food sick?
Our diet and lifestyle can easily lead to over-acidification of the organism, i.e. an imbalance in the mineral ratio in our body, the so-called acidosis. More than 90 percent of German citizens have excess acids in their blood.
Many people struggle with an unbalanced acid-base balance and many have no idea that over-acidity is responsible for their symptoms or at least played a major role in it.
Often we just feel a little energetic, limp and without drive at first. In the course of time, the most diverse ailments and symptoms appear. Unfortunately, taking medication also increases the existing acidosis. Worries, stress, stimulants such as nicotine, alcohol and coffee, environmental toxins, extreme sport or a sedentary lifestyle are also factors that influence the acid-base balance, i.e. make our body over-acidic.
Over-acidification means that we have an increased need for minerals. These minerals can be taken from excess base food or our body begins to "steal" the acids from the body's own depots, such as nails, hair, bones, blood, tendons and cartilage.
It is therefore advisable to eat a healthy diet rich in alkaline and / or to take an acid-base cure at regular intervals.
Overacidification is not always heartburn
If you think of heartburn when you hear the term hyperacidity, you are unfortunately on the wrong track. These are two different things.
Since acidification is the cause of most health problems, it is also involved in the development of heartburn. Heartburn is just one of the many possible symptoms of acidosis.
- Are rich in basic minerals potassium, calcium, magnesium, ironn
- If you eat too much meat, fish, eggs, but also too many Brazil nuts, too much sesame or too much soy, sulfuric acid is formed if you are low in acid-forming amino acidse
- Stimulate the body's own base formation, such as bitter substances
- When it is metabolized, slagging does not leave any acidic metabolic residuese
- Contain valuable plant substances such as antioxidants, vitamins, secondary plant substances, chlorophyll, etc.
- Have a high water content
- Have an anti-inflammatory effect
- Stabilize thehealthy intestinal flora
Basic foods include fruits, vegetables, mushrooms, herbs and sprouts. Fruits such as pineapples, oranges, apples or even lemons contain organic acids, but are metabolized by the body in an alkaline way. So does Kombucha: Although Kombucha tea tastes sour, it is processed by the body as alkaline due to its ingredients.
Feel free to look up acid-base tables on the Internet for the prevention of acidosis. It is enough if you get an overview and maybe you can immediately replace a few acid-forming foods with base-forming ones.
What are acidic foods?
Acidic or acidic foods counteract the points mentioned above and form unhealthy acids. However, there are also good acid generators.
Good acid generator
Bad acid builders
|Organic cereals||Conventional Farming Eggs|
|Oats and oatmeal||Fish and seafood from conventional aquaculture|
|legumes||Meat from conventional agriculture|
|Pseudograins (e.g. millet, quinoa)||Alcohol and caffeinated drinks|
|Animal products from organic farming||Ready drinks such as soft drinks|
|High quality herbal drinks||sugar|
The acid-base check
How mad you are. If you suspect that the acid load is too high, you can Support pH test strips to measure the pH of your urine..
In people with a balanced acid-base balance, the urine is usually slightly acidic in the morning (pH 6.5 to 6.8), at noon it becomes neutral (pH 7) and in the evening slightly basic (pH -Value above 7).
If irregularities occur here, you can put a stop to the existing acidification with various deacidifying measures.
With simple steps to deacidification
1. It is best to carry out a 1 to 3 month deacidification program.
2. If the daily effort seems too high for you, but you still want to deacidify, you can also look for a suitable base product. Not everyone works the same or every body reacts differently. That's why it can be good to change the product from time to time. But be brave and hold out for at least three months. When deacidifying with alkaline products, you only have to think about taking it twice a day. It's a little easier.
3. It is best to eat excess alkaline even after the deacidification treatment so that your body has a sufficient base buffer. The waste products that have been in your body for many years can often only be eliminated after several months of an alkaline lifestyle. In addition, you also have to eliminate the new acids that affect you daily or those that arise from mental or physical stress.
5. Integrate the following points (or at least some of them) into your daily routine:
- With a kombuchaMate orOriginal or a basic morning tea to start the day.
- Use basic body care products if possible, also just natural bar soap without chemical additives.
- Orient your diet to the alkaline and healthy diet.
- If you are in a hurry in the morning, you can have breakfast with a base muesli, for example.
- In order to additionally enrich your diet with high-quality alkaline substances, you can sprinkle a plant-based base powder over every meal.
- Take organic alkaline minerals regularly so that your body can finally return all the minerals to its mineral deposits that it borrowed from there in the times of over-acidity.
- Relax in an alkaline bath at least two to three times a week or treat yourself to an alkaline foot bath.
- Pay attention to deep breathing. That relaxes you, even when it is really stressful.
- Plan for moderate exercise and sauna visits.
- Enjoy a basic kombucha in the evening.
6. After a while, check your deacidification success with the Support of pH test strips.
Kombucha base bath
The body detoxifies particularly strongly through the soles of the feet. Easily care for your stressed feet with kombucha. All you need is a bathtub or a small bowl and off you go!
What you need:
- 250 ml very sour kombucha or alternatively 150 ml kombucha vinegar
- 1 cup of Epsom salt or, alternatively, another mineral salt
- Lavender oil or another natural essential oil of your choice
How to do it:
Simply put both ingredients in a bathtub in warm water and soak your feet in it for 30 minutes. Add more warm water if it cools down too quickly. After that, the skin feels super soft and you have done something for your relaxation AND your detoxification.
Good luck and good health!
Thank you for reading!